Bid For 11ICI
The International Conference on Isotopes (ICI), held every two-three years at venues around the world, are established to provide a platform for the exchange and discussion of scientific and technical information, to discuss and promote state of the art issues of isotopes, and to act as an interface with other professional groups.
The World Council on Isotopes (WCI) is now calling for bids from local groups that have willingness to consider hosting the 11th ICI, due to be held sometime in 2022.
Bids should be a written document that at least addresses the following issues:
- Venue: Suggest a possible location for the event. Give clear location details. A venue should be easily accessible to a major international airport with suitable connections to transport infrastructure.
- Accommodation: A range of reasonably priced hotels and other forms of accommodation should be available within a reasonable distance from the venue.
- International access: It is essential that all nationalities are permitted to enter the host country, and can obtain any required visas and travel documents in a timely fashion.
- Budget: Outline a reasonably accurate budget, including details of proposed registration fees and exhibition booth fees, items to be covered by the registration fees (e.g., lunches, refreshments), and anticipated costs for production and distribution of the abstracts and proceedings. In addition, describe a commitment of a reasonably accurate contribution, e.g. 10% of the registration and exhibition fees, to the WCI reserve fund.
- Sponsorship: Describe the extent of anticipated sponsorships by different funding agencies and foundations, specifying any contacts that have already been made. Provide plans for industrial sponsorships.
- Scientific program: Outline the variety of anticipated sessions, including plenary sessions and speakers, and a range of smaller oral and poster sessions spanning the interests of a diverse array of researchers, managers, educators and policy-oriented individuals.
- Publication plan: Specify the proposed media, timelines and publisher for the abstracts and proceedings.
- Financial support for attendees: Indicate the extent of anticipated financial support available for attendees, particularly students and citizens of developing countries.
- Outreach: Outline arrangements for access to and by the media and local community.
- National and local government support: Indicate the nature and extent of anticipated support from and cooperation with local, regional and national agencies.
- International and national non-governmental organizations: Summarize the nature and extent of anticipated support from and collaboration with NGOs.
- Local Organizing Committee: Outline the likely structure, composition and responsibilities of the organizing committee and any sub-committees.
- Others: Describe the possibilities of technical and social tours, free registration fees for the WCI Executive Members, International Coordinators and Secretariat Staff, and free exhibition booth for the WCI Secretariat. In addition, describe the efforts or plan of the potential 11th ICI bidder to encourage anticipated sponsors to participate in the WCI sponsorship and advertisements programs. Click here for details of WCI Sponsorship and Advertisements Program
Bids to host the 11th ICI should be sent to the Director of the WCI Secretariat, Mr. Woo-Geun Song, by October 31st 2019.
Document screening will be made until December 20, 2019 and presentation evaluation will take place February 2, 2020 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The announcement of the successful bid for the 11th ICI will be made sometime during February 3-7, 2020, at the 10th ICI venue in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Groups submitting bids will be requested to make a short (~20 minute) presentation and to participate in discussions with the selection committee on February 2, 2020 at the 10th ICI venue in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Submissions received after the deadline are not guaranteed to be considered. Electronic/digital submissions are preferred (to: email@example.com), although they may consist of a combination of formats (e.g., Word, jpg and pdf) as most convenient.